For more effective implementation of powers conferred to the Federal Chamber of Notaries, there are commissions responsible for certain directions of development of the Institute of notaries. The commissions discuss scientific, methodological, practical, organizational, legal and law application issues associated with Russia’s notary society.
Today, the Federal Chamber of Notaries includes the following permanently working commissions:
• Commission on ethics, professional honour and image, focused on the study of corporate ethics issues, relationship between notaries and customers, organization of notarial activities, supervising the performance of the Professional Code of notaries of the Russian Federation;
• Commission on legislative and methodological work, centered on the study of the law application issues, as well as the preparation of methodic recommendations for notaries;
• Commission supervising the activities of regional chambers of notaries and controlling them in the matter of complying the legislation and internal normative acts of the Federal Chamber of Notaries;
• Budget Commission engaged in developing recommendations on the economic activities of the FCN;
• Commission on the use of information technologies investigating the issues related to information technologies in notarial practice and organizational activities of the notarial community;
• Commission on study of the historical heritage of the Russian notarial society, focused on the research of its historical roots;
• Commission on social assistance to notaries, engaged in working out a concept of social development of the Institute of notaries and schemes for its implementation;
• Commission on the implementation of the Target comprehensive program of the Federal Chamber of Notaries, engaged in providing notarial activities to sparsely populated, remote and economically unprofitable areas.